Exploring the Miraculous of Dating: Connections, Growth, and Idea

Description of the first forum.
CharlesteVibra

ncui A Software Engineer Is Using Drone Footage to聽Map Puerto Rico for Relief Efforts

Post by CharlesteVibra »

Bijq The Last Issue Of Hawkeye聽Has Been Delayed 8230; Again
Last month, I tried to find out what Amazon learns about people who have an Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card from Chase. Neither Chase nor Amazon would give me a straight answer. In fact, Chases spokesperson, Mary Jane Rogers, gave me a wrong answer in telling me that Amazon fell into a category that it didnt. Rogers felt badly about that and reached out yeezy slide via email to apologize after the story came out, asking if she could do anything to help. I told her I still wanted to know what Amazon learns about peoples use of the card, particularly when they use it to yeezy buy things from places other than Amazon. She came back with this: As a third-party partner of Chase, Amazon does receive customer data from Chase that is necessary to administer the program. For example, Chase provides rewards balances to enable Shop with Points purchases, Rogers wrote. However, Chase does not provide Ama adidas samba adidas zon with any individual transactional data at specific merchants. That sounds reassuring on its face, but I spoke with an anonymous source who is familiar with how the data-sharing between Chase and Amazon works. While this person was disturbed that Chase and Amazon arent more transparent about what intel changes hands, the person said that it isnt that nefarious. Chase says to Amazon, Your consumers like to do these things. They spend on average this, or in aggregate this, this person said by phone. They might even segment those consumers, but they always anonymize the consumers and deal w Exzi Joe Biden Is Throwing the Weight of the Government Behind Electric Vehicles
io9 is proud to present fiction from LIGHTSPEED MAGAZINE. Once a month, well be featuring a story from LIGHTSPEEDs current issue. This months selection is Dragon Brides by Nghi Vo. You can read the story below or you can listen to the podcast. Enjoy! Image 漏 20 crocs hausschuhe 16 by Sam Schechter. Dragon brides are notoriously difficult women. We have lived with dragons, after all, those strange and terrible animals with their curiously human eyes, and some of us come back down from the broken mountains with their hisses still in our ears. I was taken by the green dragon of Mahr when I was fifteen, and it was a full year before my lord brought me back down. Forty years would salomon wanderschuhe pass before I would come to those steep paths again. The first time I was flown, clutched in horny talons with my silk dress fluttering like a banner, and the second time I was carried down half-unconscious, slung like a dead woman over the back of a bay stallion. This time, I wore the clean white robe of the penitent, and I was on foot. I stared up at the mountains, where men never went save to rescue princesses, and where it was said that women never went at all unless it was on the coppery wings of a dragon. It was dawn when I started my climb up the mountain, and by midday I was sweaty and hot. I had memories of being only a young gir reebok stoffschuhe l, and scaling steeper paths and byways to find the tender plants that grew in the crevasses and ridges of the mountain. I found one of those plants almost as soon as I had the tho
CharlesteVibra

tcne Google Says It s Achieved Quantum Supremacy, a World-First: Report

Post by CharlesteVibra »

Asph Watch the Kids of Stranger Things聽Try to Reminisce About the 80s
A birds-eye view can completely change your perspective on things. And I mean that literally. A pair of European researchers used a specially configured camera and took pictures of trees in order to see vegetation the way that birds do. They think that their results unveil the hidden importance of ultraviolet vision, and could offer an improved understanding of how vision evolved across species. We were able to discover a phenomenon that, in retrospect, seems obvious, but which no previous study had the methodological capability or foresight to look for, the authors write in the study published in Nature Communications. Eyes, like computer printers, create images by combining a selection of primary colors. But ugg rather than three ink cartridges, eyes have a series of light-receiving cones that detect light of certain colors, or wavelengths. Humans have three kinds of cone cells that detect three wavelengths: blue, green, airmaxplus and red. Some animals, including birds, have another set of cones that respond to ultraviolet light, colors that are beyond the range of what humans can see. But why would an animal need ultraviolet vision That was what the researchers wanted to figure out. They photographed vegetation using a camera that captured and filtered both visible and ultraviolet light. To make sense of the color images, they had the ultraviolet light appear as red, revealing how the addition yeezy slide of UV light adds greater contrast to a scene that appears as nearly all green to human Bzwi Amazon Must Pay Thousands of Flex Drivers an Average of $422 After Tips Were Withheld
The internet has changed the way most things in life work, and war is no exception. In order to keep up with the shifting landscape, the United States military is experimenting with techniques to fight the rise of online terrorism鈥攁nd it sounds like theyre, uh, still figuring it out. The details come courtesy of the A skecher tlantics latest cover story, in which authors Emerson Brooking and P.W. Singer look at how the internet has changed warfare and its various appendages鈥攆rom propaganda to recruitment. Its not necessarily new stuff. ISIS, one of the storys biggest case studies, has long been known for its frequent and effective use of social media. But the details about the milita reebok classic rys strategy for dealing with it all are really something. After describing an entirely fake incident in a made-up war, Brooking and Singer explain that its all part of a training exercise at Fort Polks Joint Readiness Training Center in Louisiana: The fort has since become the militarys training ground for new kinds of conflict鈥攆irst the simulation of Cold War鈥?and Desert Storm鈥搒tyle mechanized maneuvers, and then, after 9/11, the complex counterinsurgency operations of Afghanistan and Iraq. It is replete with fake villages, opposing forces that use the tactics of the Taliban and ISIS, and even actors playing local civilians adidas originals damen and hard-nosed journalists. When units deploy into the simulated battles of Kirsham, they must navigate a new addition that mimics what is happening in the real wars beyond: the
CharlesteVibra

nuji Some Familiar Faces Will Return for Deadpool 2

Post by CharlesteVibra »

Xbxj Ford E-Scooter Company Spin Is Leaving Free-for-All Markets and Laying Off 25% of Staff
The European Union has ordered Apple to pay roughly $14.3 billion 13 billion euros to cover back taxes the EU says is owed to Ireland. But Apple is putting up a fight and said the tax bill defies reality and common sense in a new statement to a European court this morning. Apple, which has a European headquarters in Ireland for tax purposes, dunk pand was originally ordered to pay the back taxes in 2016 after the company paid a tax rate of just 0.005% in the country for 2014. But Apples lawyers insist that the EU is only trying to get headli yeezy nes by quoting tiny numbers. The Commission contends that essentially all of Apples profits from all of its sales outside the Americas must be attributed to two branches in Ireland, one of Apples many lawyers on the case, Daniel Beard, told the EU General Court on Tuesday, according to Reuters. Beard reportedly adidas campus homme pointed out that Apples products, from the iPhone to its App Store, were all developed in the U.S. and that trying to tie profits from elsewhere in Europe to the Ireland headquarters would be unfair. Last year Apple paid $0.00 in federal tax in the U.S. despite making $11.2 billion in profit. Beard said that if the European Court wanted to claw back profits from Apple they should change the international tax system, a proposal that would appear absurd on its face because even the EU has limits to what it can accomplish outside of Europe. Ireland is on Apples side in this dispute, largely because it likes being a tax haven for Sqce Cargo plane makes a crazy low pass over fighter jets at an air base
As the video capabilities of compact cameras and smartphones has steadily improved, were starting to see more video production gear shrinking in size. Edelkrones new Wing promises to replace a bulky rail and dolly setup for filming buttery smooth moving shots, helping to make your next YouTube video look like a Hollywood masterpiece. When folded, the Wing mizuno measures just over 5.5-inches long, but it has a range of movement about four times that length since its two segments can fully extend in either direction while supporting a camera weighing less than 1.2-pounds. You wont be using it to film tracking shots of someone walking by like you could with a larger wheeled dolly and rails, but the subtle movements the Wing can add to what would otherwise be a static shot will certainly enhance your videography efforts. Its manually operated, which means you dont have to worry about keeping a battery charged, and its designed to always remain out of frame, even while capturing a wide-angle shot. Some may balk a salomon xt t the Edelkrone Wings $250 price tag, especially when youll also need a tripod and ball head to actually use it. But compared to the obscenely expensive production gear that Hollywood relies on, the Wing is a relatively affordable way to improve the quality of your own videos, without having to resort to sticking your camera on a roller skate. [Edelkrone via Twitter Stu Maschwitz] CamerasGadgetsPhotog af1 raphyTechTe
CharlesteVibra

vurt The Flash聽Movie Could Co-Star Another DC Movie Superhero

Post by CharlesteVibra »

Glee Breaking Down the New Hopes and Shadowed Empires in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker s Final Trailer
If we dont pump the brakes on climate change, all of Greenland could eventually melt, adding about 24 feet to global sea levels. Add in the West Antarctic ice sheet, and were looking at a total of about 40 feet of potential sea level rise from these two ice sheets alone. The question is, when is this going to happen In a few hundred years, or a few thousand NASAs on a mission to find out, and that includes an effort to study yeezy slide melting ice in Greenland that began in the summer of 2015. Appropriately, its called OMG鈥擮ceans Melting Greenland. Over a 5 year period, OMG is gathering temperature data, mapping the seafloor, and modeling the ocean c adidas samba urrents that accelerate the melt. OMG gathers much of its data from 240 probes dropped from a military plane around Greenland. The mission also uses ships to collect measurements of the depth and shape of the sea floor, and its even teaming up scientists at the University of Washington that use narwhals in their research. Turns out, narwhals like to hang out in the deep waters near glaciers, so theyve been equipped with temperature and salinity monitors that send data back to NASA. According to Josh Willis, the lead scientist at OMG, Every time we make a big discovery in Greenland, we find out that the probability of a really fast collapse of the Greenland ice sheet is higher than we previously expected. Not only is the ice melting from rising air temperatures, its also me air max 1 lting from below. Glaciers are basically rivers of ice鈥攁nd like ri Hykx If You Like Intense Techno-Thrillers, You Need to Be Watching Mr. Robot
Full disclosure: Ive had a fair amount of cold medication today. But this mashup a works far better than it has any right to; and b Donkey as Loki may have actually caused me to get sicker when the shock destroyed my immune system. This 8230; thing, which must have sprung from nothing more than the idea that reebok the Hulk is green and so is Shrek, has no reason to exist鈥攁nd yet it haunts me. The way the lips mostly match up to the words, and the way the footage actually does kin nike af d of follow the original trailer, are just shocking. This reminded me that Im really looking forward to Thor: Ragnarok and that a lot happened in those Shrek movies that I have crocs schuhe no memory of. Some things are clearly lightly edited, which I know because I looked up scenes from Shrek 2 to check. So you wouldnt have to. holy crap wtfMashupsShrekThorthor: ragnarokVideo
CharlesteVibra

vpjn 69 Viral Images From 2016 That Were Totally Fake

Post by CharlesteVibra »

Pjdo An Obsolete Robot Falls In Love With The Model Designed To Replace It
HEEIA, HAWAII鈥擳he mountains on the windward shores of Oahu, Hawaii, are prone to clouds. On a recent breezy summer day, though, it wasnt water vapor that filled the air, but smoke. The mangroves were aflame. Local farmers were burning the invasive species to make room for taro, a native crop Hawaiians have grown since ancien adidas campus 80s t times. The root vegetable is more than a coloring for your purple milky bubble tea. For the Native Hawaiians whove learned to cultivate more than 300 varieties of nike dunk the plant, its a cultural touchstone. Many of their creation stories stem from taro. Today, rice paddies and sugar fields have largely replaced taro patches in Hawaii, but its making a serious comeback in Heeia north of Honolulu. Since 2017, Native Hawaiians have been restoring taro patches, also known as loi kalo, as part of a federally-designated estuarine research reserve with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration NOAA . Through this partnership between government, community groups, and academia, participants hope to revive an ancient sustainable land management system to improve the regions water quality. But if the project proves successful, it would do more than that. It would demonstrate that traditional kno yeezy slide wledge can help tackle some of Hawaiis most pressing environmental challenges, from collapsing coral reefs to invasive species. Traditional knowledge is slowly finding its way into academia, especially as our deteriorating environment drives scientists to seek out Txht Explore a Martian Crater With NASA s New Interactive Tools
You too can cultivate your the Background extra on TNG aesthetic youve always wanted with this pretty nifty little Star Trek light. Okay, it doesnt offer much in the way of being a lamp鈥攜oud probably need more than a few to even dimly light a room, let alone pretend youre patrolling the corrid skechers arbeitsschuhe ors of a w salomon xt ell-lit Federation Starship. But this little light-up schematic of the Enterprise, which will set you back $50, is probably one of the worlds nerdiest nightlights. The 10 1/2 8243; display鈥攚hich can be swapped out with a version featuring the classic Enterprise from the original Star Trek鈥攊s lit up by a rotating set of different colored LEDs, and can either operate on batteries or be plugged into your computer v air max 1 ia USB while you practice your best I know this does nothing but I have to pretend its a functioning computer display impression, just like basically every聽Star Trek actor! Pair it with an isolinear chip USB stick or coaster for the ultimate and oddly specific see through Star Trek merchandise collection. https://gizmodo/isolinear-chip-flash-dr ... 1786091892 [ThinkGeek] merchandiseStar Trek
CharlesteVibra

eieg Adventure Time: Distant Lands Reunites Finn and Jake for One Last Quest

Post by CharlesteVibra »

Kxlw An Unfixed, Untraceable Hack Can Unlock and Start Your Honda Remotely
Generally speaking, Im a skeptic of the recreated in CGI genre of fan work. But this one really is something special. As shared by the Holly adidas yeezy wood Reporter, creator Mike Booth on YouTube has recreated the intro animation for the original ThunderCats, and the results are distinctly impr nike air force essive. Despite being, according to the video description, a relative amateur with 3D modelling software, Booth has produced something that feels vibrant and faithful to the original in a way that sets this apart from most fan works that recreate 2D animation. What really works here is how faithful it feels to the original art style. Theres a clever stylization at work here. Its in the lighting, I think, which feels rough and lends a more hea asics sneaker vily textured feel to the models. Its a project that really does seek to rebuild what makes the original style work in a new medium, instead of just modelling something that feels fundamentally different or generic. https://gizmodo/thundercats-roar-got-th ... 1844487323 And that song, right You forget how catchy it is, then you hear it, and, like, gosh. ThunderCats, as they say in the business, are go. For more, make sure youre following us on our Instagram @io9dotcom. cartoon networkFan filmThunderCats Fyam ILM Rewrites Time in Latest Doctor Strange Visual Effects Video
In an alternate universe to the one the Star Wars movies take place in, Anakin Skywalker never went evil and was a model Jedi. If you ever wondered what this 40-something Jedi he would have looked like, well, you finally have an answer. Imgur u airforces sereye2 poste air force 1 d the result of his hard work along with this note: I wanted to see what a middle-aged, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker wouldve looked like, so I facemorphed Hayden Christensen and Sebastian Shaw, polished it up, added a beard, etc. Just something I did in my spare time over a few days. Pretty happy with how it turned out! They should have just done this instead of inserting just inserting Hayden Christensen all on his o air force one wn. [Reddit] EntertainmentMoviesStar Warsthis is awesome
CharlesteVibra

umai The 90s Version of Me Would ve Loved This Imaginary 90s Version of the Samsung Galaxy Fold

Post by CharlesteVibra »

Fifx Final Fantasy XIV s Director Wants a Game of Thrones Collabo 8230;But Only If the Books Are Done First
If DC Universe and HBO MaxsDoom Patrol were a comic book鈥攏ot that comic book, but rather a comic based on the live-action series鈥攐ne might safely assume that the consequences of season ones gloriously demented finale would be dealt with off-panel, in the narrative void. Even though the show has prided itself by leaning heavily into tropes that defined chanclas yeezy comics as a medium, the second season opens by immediately making clear that it has every intention of picking up right where things left off. For all the work Rita April Bowlby , Vic Joivan Wade , Cliff Brendan Fraser/Riley Shanahan , Jane Diane Guerrero , Larry Matt Bomer/Matthew Zuk, and Niles Timothy Dalton have done to heal and grow from their respective traumas鈥攚hile saving the world multiple times鈥攖heyre all still a bunch of messed-up weirdos who can barely function without one another. Doom Patrol season two is intent on digging deep into the mess that the teams created for themselves. https://gizmodo/in-doom-patrols-first-s ... 1843983632 As always, the teams problems are as existential as they are mundane and the result of multiple villains messing with them in a variety of twisted ways. But this time around, each member of the Doom Patrol understands that as world-ending as their adidas sambarose personal problems may seem to them, theyve all got a responsibility to look adidas samba og out for someone elses well-being if they truly do want to avert yet another apocalypse. DC Universe dropped the first three epis Psgv Making a 20-Pound, 25,000-Calorie Gummy Turkey For Thanksgiving Is Pure Genius
Design company Layer has created a new modular system capable of replacing plasterboard walls and temporary partitions. Called Scale, the quick-to-assemble, environmentally-friendly system is claimed to be sound-absorbing, which could be just the ticket if youre trying to work in an open-plan space. Scales made up of pressed, recycled hemp tiles that clip onto an injection-moulded ABS framewor skechers hausschuhe k, which is mounted on aluminium base plates. The framework clips together with a polymer bolt system, and the tiles are held in place with magnetic fixings. Layer says you can use Scale to build either solid walls or fenestrated ones walls with windows . As its available in a range of colour skechers arbeitsschuhe s, you wont need to worry about painting either. Its supposed to be easy to install, so you could increase the size of your w samba og orkspace at any point, rather than wasting time trying to find a new home, all while blocking out unwanted noise. This post originally appeared on Gizmodo UK, which is gobbling up the news in a different timezone. DesignOfficeWall
CharlesteVibra

hyrw 12 Delightfully Freaky Horror Movies From the 1960s

Post by CharlesteVibra »

Ymwu Apple TV+ May Be Gearing Up to Offer a Dirt Cheap Showtime Bundle
In the first teaser trailer for Zack Snyders upcoming Army of the Dead, littles explained about how whatever contagion thats caused a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas first made it out into the public, other than that it isnt long before most of the citys population is turned into a legion of the undead. Scott Ward Dave Bautista and his fellow soldiers end up being trapped in the now infected city of sin after a heist gone wrong, but he and his team are going to do whatever it takes to escape this hell unscathed. In typical Snyder zombie movie fashion, Army of the Dead juxtaposes the monstrous appetites of the devouring ghouls with a setting that embodies the excesses and greeds of everyday humanity to create a very particular mood. Whether its squads of zombified bachelor air max 1 ettes and strippers lurching their way through casinos, or hordes just sprinting through the desolated st dunk pand reets, all the zombies want to do is sink their teeth into their living. Naturally, all the living humans want to do is get their hands on something strong they can use as a weapon to defend themselves, but the situation in Vegas makes that much more easily said than done. Whatll be interesting to see is whether Snyder actually tries to do something with his story other than terrify people that speaks to this current moment when killer pathogens are much more on everyones mind than they typically are. Kno yeezy slide wing Snyders penchant for spectacle lacking in substance, though, betting on Army of the Dead bei Rqrb California Gives ISPs the Finger, Passes a Robust Bill to Restore Net Neutrality
Its been just over a year since the icon that is Leonard Nimoy passed away, and we still cant help but get a little teary-eyed about it. A new trailer for a documentary remembering him, directed by his own son, isnt help samba rose ing alleviate those teary eyes either. For the Love of Spock鈥攚hich raised just over $662,000 in funding on Kickstarter last year鈥攆eatures interviews with Adam Nimoy conducted with a whole host of Star Trek cast and crew, spanning from original series alums like William Shatner and George Takei to associates from the new movie franchise like Simon Pegg or Zach Quinto who also narrates the documentary . It is understandably bittersweet to hear them recall their fondness for a dearly missed colleague, but this looks like its going to be a great tribute to Nimoy. For the Love of Spock will debut at the Tribeca film festival this Saturday, April 16th, before being made available to stream later this year. [Var adidas originals ultraboost iety] adidas originals mujer documentariesLeonard NimoySpockStar Trek
CharlesteVibra

tvpn Trump s Plan to Slash the NIH Budget Won t Just Hurt Scientists鈥擨t Will Hurt Everyone

Post by CharlesteVibra »

Xeab Young Justice: Outsiders Is Raising Fascinating Questions About Super Ethics
The next generation of atom smasher could be a 100-kilometer-round ri asics ng, costing over $10 billion, with no promise of finding something as glamorous as last decades Higgs boson. But does the future of physics need to be so large What if adidas sambarose researchers could probe the secrets of the smallest particles using technology that was, well, smaller Scientists have just overcome one of the greatest challenges standing in the way of producing a more efficient kind of particle accelerator, one that would accelerate an unstable particle called a muon. A muon collider could potentially probe a higher-energy frontier, with a smaller footprint and for less money than a city-circling collider based on current technology. It seems convincing that a muon coll nike dunk ider that can compete with this future hadron collider would be a lot cheaper, Daniel Kaplan, a particle physicist at the Illinois Institute of Technology, told Gizmodo. Kaplan leads the the consortium of U.S. collaborators on the Muon Ionization Cooling Experiment MICE . Particle colliders today look for new subatomic particles, search for new insights into how particles interact with one another, and test theories about how our universe works. They do so by accelerating two classes of particles, either protons聽 and clumps of protons in the form of ions or electrons and their antiparticle, positrons, smashing them together inside of a detector. But these particles have their drawbacks. Protons are composed of sub-structures called Qigi Elon Musk s Latest Plans for Useless Money Pits Target Miami and Texas
Imagine life without Star Wars. It kind of sucks, right But thats just because we think about not knowing Darth Vader and R2-D2 and Han Solo and light sabers and Death Stars. But imagine not samba rose just not having Star Wars in our pop culture but also not having all the things that Star W air max 2 ars influenced. All the things we love that were made possible by Star Wars would change. Click the m salomon mujer agnifying glass in the left hand corner to enlarge the image The chart above breaks down the influence of Star Wars and was made by Shutterstock and Pop Chart Lab. From the its design aesthetic to the special effects it spawned to lovable robot characters and so forth, it paved the way for so much of what we love today. So yeah, life without Star Wars would totally suck. SPLOID is delicious brain candy. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. chartInfographicinterestingneatPosterStar Wars
CharlesteVibra

cqhp Opera Now Has Built-In Ad Blockers, Claimed To Be 45 Percent Faster Than Chrome With AdBlock

Post by CharlesteVibra »

Vvku 16-Million-Year-Old Tardigrade Found Preserved in Amber
The Communications Workers of America, a labor union that represents hundreds of thousa adidas samba og nds of workers across numerous fields, has announced a new campaign to support unionization efforts within the gaming and technology industries. That effort, the Campaign to Organize Digital Employees CODE , hopes to organize workers to address ongoing issues within the industries, including discrimination, grueling hours, low pay, and harassment and assault. But workers in these fields must additionally contend with unique problems, such as controversial government contracts as well as problematic or altogether unethical applications adidas samba donna for products they help produce. This campaign has been the culmination of two years of initiatives between the Communications Workers of America and the different grassroots game and tech workers movements, lead organizer Emma Kinema told Gizmodo by phone. If theyve been thinking about it, if theyve been considering it, if theyve been looking for an option, we are that option. And we want to be there for people because we know theres a lot of energy and a lot of involvement around worker activism and organizing. Kinema said the initiative is intended to address two primary goals. One of those is improving wage and worker condition conditions, specifically within the gaming industry but also in parts of the tech sector, and inc adidas yeezyslide ludes everything from poor wages or salaries that are disproportionate to the costs of living, pay discrimination, and layoffs, Gedu Facebook Adds an Email-Style Trash Can to Its Garbage Platform
Round one goes to the octopus, round two to the cat. Watching this feels a like some kind of personality test. Do you relate more to the cat, or to the octopus Which are you, in this zoological metaphor, and what does the other creature represent Me, I feel like the cat, and the octopus is this past week. Right when I feel l salomonschuhe ike I ;ve got a handle on the bastard, the human swoops in and intercedes on the ce mizuno volleyballschuhe phalopod behal samba rose f. I guess that makes the human the weekend in this scenario I don ;t know. Feels like a stretch. I suppose this would all make a lot more sense if the octopus had seven legs, one for each day of the week. But then I guess the human couldn ;t really be the weekend, anymore. Maybe I really am the cat, and the octopus and the human represent my severe incapacity for analogical reasoning. I guess what I ;m trying to say is TGIF. H/t Neatorama cheer upGoofballery